On SB444 – Wynn Resorts’ lobbyist proposed a compromise. The compromise was reasonable. We might not have liked it, but there was no reason not to agree to the compromise.
The Senate did not agree to the compromise.
Now it is back to the Assembly. But, the Assembly has been a bipartisan body of reason on SB444.
How you can help stop SB444.
1. Go to this page.
2. Enter “SB444″ without any spaces or use the drop down menu and scroll aa.
3. Click the “Get Bill Information” button.
Make sure you comment on SB444 (not AB) and choose the April 14 version from the drop down menu.
4. Type in your comments.
5. Enter your name and address, which is kept confidential.
6. Click submit.
What if you don’t want to post a comment using your real address?
You can signal boost this article or any other articles on Twitter under the #SB444 or #StopSB444 hash tags.
Click here to go to Twitter to signal boost articles opposing censorship.
Even better – write to your assembly member or to Governor Sandoval
To write to your Assembly Member, follow these steps:
1. Find out who your assembly member is by using this interactive map.
2. Or look here – if you already know.
3. Write them an email or a letter about how you feel toward SB444
If you want a short tutorial on the different sides of this debate, watch below:
And this is the guy pushing to gut Nevada’s Anti-SLAPP law.
(Note, this is an edited version. My prior version was vituperative and immature, and I have edited it to remove those elements)